Results achieved by November 2019
- Restoration of habitat 2330 was began on 30 ha. The first phase of succession will lead to restoration of habitat 2330. Typical species typical for this habitat have a pioneer life strategy and appear first on the restored land. Habitats will be gradually enriched by other psammophytes, leading to priority habitat 6260*.
- Introduction of long-term management based on military techniques is underway.
- Restoration and improvement of the quality and structure of habitat 6210 began on 42 ha, and habitat 8230 on 1 ha.
- Long-term management in the form of grazing has been introduced.
- Restoration of regular disturbances by heavy machinery is underway.
Mašovická Střelnice and Havranické Vřesoviště:
- Large herbivores have been introduced.
- Enclosures have been built.
- Restoration and improvement of the quality and structure of habitats 4030, 5130, 6210, 6210* and Pulsatilla grandis began on 11 ha at Mašovická Střelnice and 10 ha at Havranické Vřesoviště.
- Improvement of habitat quality for Euplagia auadripunctaria began on 10 ha.
Increasing of attractiveness of the project sites for general public and promotion of alternative ways of management of the sites influenced at the past by military activities:
- Promotion ongoing via the project website and social media, as well as via public actions and events for specific stakeholder groups.
- So far, over 1500 people have been reached by the website and over 300 people have visited at least one of the public events.
- There was strong interest from the media, especially about semi-wild horses and military equipment.